The Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) is a merit-cum-means scholarship scheme for students of Classes 9 to 12 who have lost either of their parents to an accident while in service or have been disabled due to an accident while in service. The scholarship is also available to students whose parents are permanently disabled due to an accident while in service and who have been declared invalid for further employment.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
• They must be a citizen of India.
• They must have lost either of their parents to an accident while in service or have been disabled due to an accident while in service.
• They must have scored at least 60% marks in the qualifying examination.
• Their family income must not exceed Rs. 8 lakh per annum.
The selection of candidates for the scholarship will be made on the basis of merit and means. The merit will be determined on the basis of the marks obtained by the student in the qualifying examination. The means will be determined on the basis of the family income certificate.
The scholarship amount is Rs. 5,000 per month for girls and Rs. 4,000 per month for boys.
Duration of Scholarship
The scholarship is tenable for a period of two years.
How to Apply
Candidates can apply for the scholarship online through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
Candidates will be required to submit the following documents along with their application form:
Death certificate of the deceased parent or disability certificate of the disabled parent.
Income certificate of the family.
Copy of the mark sheet of the qualifying examination.
Passport-size photograph of the student.
Aadhaar card of the student.
The last date to apply for the scholarship is usually in July.
For more information, please visit the website of the NSP or contact the PMSS helpline at 1800-111-804.
The Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme is a valuable initiative of the Government of India that aims to provide financial assistance to deserving students. The scholarship can help students pursue their education and achieve their goals.
• The scholarship is renewable for each subsequent year of study, subject to maintaining satisfactory academic performance and meeting the eligibility criteria.
• The scholarship amount is disbursed directly to the student’s bank account.
• The scholarship is not transferable.
• The scholarship is not available to students pursuing professional courses such as engineering, medical, and law.
• Students applying for the scholarship must submit a declaration stating that they are not availing any other scholarship or financial assistance from the government or any other organization.
The information provided in this article is based on the latest available information and is subject to change without prior notice. It is advisable to verify the information with the official website of the NSP or the PMSS helpline before applying for the scholarship.