The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) has opened registration for the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) 2024. The scheme is designed to provide financial assistance to meritorious students from economically weaker sections to pursue their secondary and higher secondary education. The application period for NSP Scholarship 2024 will be open until November 30, 2023.
To be eligible for the NSP Scholarship 2024, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian citizens or subjects of Nepal, Bhutan, or Tibet residing in India.
- Age: Candidates must be between 9 and 12 years of age as on January 1, 2024, for Class IX students, and between 14 and 17 years of age as on January 1, 2024, for Class XI students.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have secured a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in their Class VII examination for Class IX students, and a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade in their Class X examination for Class XI students.
- Annual Parental Income: Candidates’ total annual parental income from all sources should not exceed Rs. 3,50,000/-.
The scholarship amount for the NSP Scholarship 2024 will be as follows:
- Class IX and X: Rs. 6,000/- per annum
- Class XI and XII: Rs. 12,000/- per annum
The selection process for the NSP Scholarship 2024 will consist of a single stage:
- Scholarship Selection Test (SST): Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will be required to appear for the SST. The SST will be an objective-type test consisting of four sections: Mental Ability, Mathematics, General Science, and Language (English or Hindi).
How to Apply
Candidates can apply for the NSP Scholarship 2024 online through the NSP website at scholarships.gov.in: https://scholarships.gov.in/. The following steps should be followed:
- Visit the NSP website at scholarships.gov.in: https://scholarships.gov.in/.
- Click on the “Apply Online” tab.
- Select “National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS)” under “Fresh Scholarship Schemes”.
- Create a new registration or log in to an existing account.
- Fill in the application form with all the required details.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature.
- Make the payment of the application fee.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Candidates must ensure that they meet all the eligibility criteria before applying.
- Candidates must fill in the application form correctly and completely.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Make the payment of the application fee through the online mode.
- Keep a copy of the application form and payment confirmation for future reference.
Here are some tips for preparing for the SST:
- Start preparing early: Start your preparation as early as possible so that you have enough time to cover the entire syllabus.
- Understand the syllabus and exam pattern: Thoroughly understand the syllabus and exam pattern for the SST.
- Collect study material: Collect study material from reliable sources such as books, online resources, and coaching institutes.
- Make a study plan: Create a study plan and stick to it.
- Practice regularly: Practice regularly by solving mock tests and previous year question papers.
- Revise thoroughly: Revise all the important topics before the exam.
The NSP Scholarship 2024 is a great opportunity for meritorious students from economically weaker sections to pursue their education without financial constraints. Interested candidates should ensure that they meet all the eligibility criteria and apply on time.